- FFIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.3 million.
- FFIN has traded 10,041 shares today.
- FFIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FFIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FFIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FFIN: First Financial Bankshares, Inc., a financial holding company, through its subsidiaries, provides commercial banking services primarily in Texas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. FFIN has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are no analysts that rate First Financial Bankshares a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Financial Bankshares has been 180,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. First Financial has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 13.2% with 34.68 days to cover. Shares are up 15% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Financial Bankshares as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FFIN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FIRST FINL BANKSHARES INC has improved earnings per share by 5.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FIRST FINL BANKSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.39 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.55 versus $1.39).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 7.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $22.34 million to $24.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST FINL BANKSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 96.67%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 35.30% is above that of the industry average.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that FFIN's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full First Financial Bankshares Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.