- CF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $160.3 million.
- CF has traded 107,633 shares today.
- CF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CF: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. manufactures and distributes nitrogen fertilizers and other nitrogen products worldwide. The company's principal nitrogen fertilizer products include ammonia, granular urea, and urea ammonium nitrate solution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. CF has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate CF Industries Holdings a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for CF Industries Holdings has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CF has a market cap of $15.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 4.9% with 4.10 days to cover. Shares are up 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CF Industries Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CF's share price has jumped by 31.71%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CF INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.18% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.13, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Chemicals industry. Despite the fact that CF's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.53 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- CF, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CF INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CF INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.29 versus $4.93 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 16.1% in earnings ($4.44 versus $5.29).
- You can view the full CF Industries Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.