- BKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.3 million.
- BKU has traded 18,924 shares today.
- BKU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKU: BankUnited, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for BankUnited, National Association that provides a range of banking products services to commercial and middle-market businesses, and individual customers in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. BKU has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate BankUnited a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for BankUnited has been 601,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. BankUnited has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 3% with 3.70 days to cover. Shares are up 24.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BankUnited as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BKU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 250.91% to $28.13 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BANKUNITED INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.14%.
- The gross profit margin for BANKUNITED INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.24%. Regardless of BKU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.86% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $55.27 million to $46.46 million.
- You can view the full BankUnited Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.