- AMCX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.5 million.
- AMCX has traded 3,581 shares today.
- AMCX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMCX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMCX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMCX: AMC Networks Inc. owns and operates various cable television's brands delivering content to audiences, and a platform to distributors and advertisers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, National Networks, and International and Other. AMCX has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate AMC Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for AMC Networks has been 552,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. AMC has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.10 and a short float of 6% with 4.73 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AMC Networks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AMC NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.79%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.08% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 67.67% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMCX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 69.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $71.37 million to $120.92 million.
- AMC NETWORKS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMC NETWORKS INC reported lower earnings of $3.62 versus $4.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.77 versus $3.62).
- You can view the full AMC Networks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.