- FINL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.6 million.
- FINL traded 123,141 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:09 AM, representing 12.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FINL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FINL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FINL: The Finish Line, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of athletic shoes, apparel, and accessories in the United States. It operates Finish Line stores that offer athletic shoes, as well as apparel and accessories for men, women, and kids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. FINL has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Finish Line a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Finish Line has been 807,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Finish Line has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.81 and a short float of 13.8% with 5.36 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Finish Line as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- FINISH LINE INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FINISH LINE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.71 versus $1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.75 versus $1.71).
- FINL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.89 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 35.93% is the gross profit margin for FINISH LINE INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FINL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.40% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Finish Line Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.