- TNP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.0 million.
- TNP has traded 122,962 shares today.
- TNP is trading at 2.76 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TNP is trading at a new low 4.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TNP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TNP NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 38.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 121.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TNP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TSAKOS ENERGY NAVIGATION LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TSAKOS ENERGY NAVIGATION LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $0.35 versus -$0.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.22 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 155.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $14.57 million to $37.28 million.
- You can view the full Tsakos Energy Navigation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.