- SZYM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- SZYM has traded 232,752 shares today.
- SZYM is trading at 4.04 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SZYM is trading at a new low 7.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SZYM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SZYM NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SOLAZYME INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.99 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 9.64, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SZYM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 71.48%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- SOLAZYME INC has improved earnings per share by 12.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLAZYME INC reported poor results of -$2.13 versus -$1.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.37 versus -$2.13).
- The gross profit margin for SOLAZYME INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.60%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -275.00% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Solazyme Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.