- ZMH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $123.4 million.
- ZMH has traded 475,300 shares today.
- ZMH traded in a range 200.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.72.
- ZMH traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 22 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 22 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ZMH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ZMH NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The gross profit margin for ZIMMER HOLDINGS INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.61% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ZIMMER HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ZIMMER HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $4.19 versus $4.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.35 versus $4.19).
- ZMH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 21.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Zimmer Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.