NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Helen of Troy Ltd (HELE) were up 0.53% to $98.61 in mid-morning trading Wednesday, after Jim Cramer explained why he likes the company on CNBC's Mad Money show Tuesday night.
Still, the company reported two consecutive blowout quarters leading to a more than 50% rally year to date.
"This is a terrific stock. Even though it's already had a huge run, it trades at only 17 times earnings meaning it's still relatively cheaply," Cramer said.
"I would bless buying even at these levels," he added.
Bermuda-based Helen of Troy is a global consumer products company that offers solutions for its customers through a portfolio of brands.
It is a global designer, developer, importer, marketer, and distributor of consumer products with four business segments including housewares, healthcare and home environment, nutritional supplements, and personal care.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates HELEN OF TROY LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HELEN OF TROY LTD (HELE) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 311.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- HELEN OF TROY LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HELEN OF TROY LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.52 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.55 versus $4.52).
- 46.45% is the gross profit margin for HELEN OF TROY LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.73% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 82.59% to $115.13 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HELEN OF TROY LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.17%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HELE Ratings Report