- GEOS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- GEOS has traded 60,706 shares today.
- GEOS is trading at 4.80 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GEOS is trading at a new high 11.07% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEOS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEOS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GEOS: Geospace Technologies Corporation designs and manufactures instruments and equipment used in the acquisition and processing of seismic data; and characterization and monitoring of producing oil and gas reservoirs in the United States and internationally. Currently there are no analysts that rate Geospace Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Geospace Technologies has been 194,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Geospace has a market cap of $293.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.62 and a short float of 35.7% with 29.11 days to cover. Shares are down 12.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Geospace Technologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GEOSPACE TECHNOLOGIES CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GEOSPACE TECHNOLOGIES CORP reported lower earnings of $2.82 versus $5.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 155.3% in earnings (-$1.56 versus $2.82).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 147.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $10.82 million to -$5.18 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, GEOSPACE TECHNOLOGIES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GEOSPACE TECHNOLOGIES CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.12%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -18.54% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.14 million or 397.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Geospace Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.