- CMCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.5 million.
- CMCM has traded 350,765 shares today.
- CMCM is trading at 2.06 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CMCM is trading at a new high 6.11% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMCM: Cheetah Mobile Inc. operates a platform that offer mobile and PC applications for users and global content distribution channels for business partners in China. CMCM has a PE ratio of 114. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cheetah Mobile a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cheetah Mobile has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cheetah Mobile has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 118.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cheetah Mobile as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period.
- CMCM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 113.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CHEETAH MOBILE INC -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 78.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CMCM's net profit margin of 4.56% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CHEETAH MOBILE INC -ADR underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Cheetah Mobile Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.