- SN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- SN has traded 527,185 shares today.
- SN is trading at 4.59 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SN is trading at a new low 4.10% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SN NOW at Trade-Ideas
- SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$1.18 versus $0.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 118.6% in earnings (-$2.58 versus -$1.18).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 14536.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.45 million to -$497.35 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $63.80 million or 1.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 1.21%, SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -53.29%.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 73.17%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 2748.38% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Sanchez Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.