- AMAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.4 million.
- AMAG has traded 5,512 shares today.
- AMAG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMAG: AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company that focuses on maternal health, anemia, and cancer supportive care. AMAG has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate AMAG Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for AMAG Pharmaceuticals has been 766,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. AMAG has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.82 and a short float of 22.3% with 9.02 days to cover. Shares are up 66.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AMAG Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMAG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 329.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 218.18% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 258.33% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMAG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $4.33 versus -$0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.34 versus $4.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 281.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.10 million to $12.90 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AMAG PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full AMAG Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.