- PAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.6 million.
- PAH traded 169,772 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:50 AM, representing 16.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAH: Platform Specialty Products Corporation produces and sells specialty chemical products in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Platform Specialty Products a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Platform Specialty Products has been 946,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Platform Specialty has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 14.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Platform Specialty Products as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 260.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.42 million to -$26.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$70.05 million or 432.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- In its most recent trading session, PAH has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- PLATFORM SPECIALTY PRODUCTS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.23 versus -$1.58).
- The gross profit margin for PLATFORM SPECIALTY PRODUCTS is rather high; currently it is at 54.45%. Regardless of PAH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PAH's net profit margin of -4.99% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Platform Specialty Products Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.