- WMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.0 billion.
- WMB has traded 23.2 million shares today.
- WMB is down 3% today.
- WMB was up 25.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WMB: The Williams Companies, Inc. operates as an energy infrastructure company primarily in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Williams Partners, Access Midstream, and Williams NGL & Petchem Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.9%. WMB has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Williams Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Williams Companies has been 6.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams Companies has a market cap of $36.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 3.7% with 1.47 days to cover. Shares are up 35.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 50.00% to $669.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS COS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -53.29%.
- The gross profit margin for WILLIAMS COS INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.52%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.07% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, WILLIAMS COS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Despite the weak revenue results, WMB has significantly outperformed against the industry average of 38.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- WILLIAMS COS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS COS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.82 versus $0.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 66.3% in earnings ($0.95 versus $2.82).
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.