- AGIO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $100.0 million.
- AGIO has traded 490,262 shares today.
- AGIO is down 3.2% today.
- AGIO was up 7.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGIO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGIO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGIO: Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutics in the field of cancer metabolism and rare genetic disorders of metabolism in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Agios Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Agios Pharmaceuticals has been 675,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Agios has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Agios Pharmaceuticals as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been the company's poor growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS reported poor results of -$1.59 versus -$1.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 33.0% in earnings (-$2.12 versus -$1.59).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$25.59 million or 5.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 5.38%, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 156.02%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 59.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$12.25 million to -$4.96 million.
- This stock has increased by 109.15% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in AGIO do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Agios Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.