- CLF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.5 million.
- CLF has traded 3.6 million shares today.
- CLF is up 3.2% today.
- CLF was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLF: Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., a mining and natural resources company, produces iron ore and metallurgical coal. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 10.2%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cliffs Natural Resources a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cliffs Natural Resources has been 9.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cliffs Natural has a market cap of $769.5 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 2.18 and a short float of 43.6% with 8.70 days to cover. Shares are down 33.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cliffs Natural Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 980.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$70.30 million to -$759.80 million.
- The gross profit margin for CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.80%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -170.35% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$228.20 million or 178.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- CLF's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 65.61%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- CLF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 17.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 27.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cliffs Natural Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.