- XOMA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.7 million.
- XOMA has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- XOMA is trading at 3.18 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- XOMA is trading at a new low 3.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XOMA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XOMA NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 363.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.69 million to -$21.72 million.
- XOMA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 22.14% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$24.28 million or 13.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 13.90%, XOMA CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 156.02%.
- XOMA CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, XOMA CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.67 versus -$1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.63 versus -$0.67).
- You can view the full XOMA Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.