- PRTA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.7 million.
- PRTA has traded 50,642 shares today.
- PRTA is down 3.4% today.
- PRTA was up 6.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRTA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRTA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRTA: Prothena Corporation plc, a late-stage clinical biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of protein immunotherapy programs for the treatment of diseases that involve amyloid or cell adhesion in Ireland. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Prothena a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Prothena has been 521,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Prothena has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 17.7% with 5.66 days to cover. Shares are up 164.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prothena as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PRTA's share price has jumped by 104.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- PRTA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 29.47, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- PRTA, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 98.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, PROTHENA CORP PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$14.72 million or 182.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Prothena Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.