- WLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.8 million.
- WLB has traded 57,471 shares today.
- WLB is trading at 8.83 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WLB is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLB NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The gross profit margin for WESTMORELAND COAL CO is rather low; currently it is at 20.57%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.15% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.64 million or 94.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- WLB's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 37.03%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- WESTMORELAND COAL CO has improved earnings per share by 48.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WESTMORELAND COAL CO reported poor results of -$10.85 versus -$0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$2.09 versus -$10.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 38.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$19.03 million to -$11.73 million.
- You can view the full Westmoreland Coal Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.