- IXYS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.9 million.
- IXYS has traded 81,858 shares today.
- IXYS is trading at 8.22 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IXYS is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IXYS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IXYS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IXYS:
IXYS Corporation, an integrated semiconductor company, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets semiconductor products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. IXYS has a PE ratio of 2.The average volume for IXYS has been 149,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. IXYS has a market cap of $474.6 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 2.2% with 1.16 days to cover. Shares are up 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IXYS as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 33.57% over the past twelve months. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- IXYS CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, IXYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.74 versus $0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.99 versus $0.74).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 5806.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.13 million to $7.80 million.
- IXYS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full IXYS Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.