- SIVB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.0 million.
- SIVB has traded 3,584 shares today.
- SIVB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIVB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIVB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIVB: SVB Financial Group, a diversified financial services company, provides various banking and financial products and services. SIVB has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate SVB Financial Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SVB Financial Group has been 325,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. SVB Financial Group has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.91 days to cover. Shares are up 22.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SVB Financial Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $47.62 million or 4.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.14%.
- SVB FINANCIAL GROUP's earnings per share declined by 12.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $5.35 versus $4.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.22 versus $5.35).
- The gross profit margin for SVB FINANCIAL GROUP is currently very high, coming in at 96.11%. Regardless of SIVB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.03% trails the industry average.
- SIVB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full SVB Financial Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.