- CMRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.2 million.
- CMRX has traded 2,379 shares today.
- CMRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMRX: Chimerix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes oral antivirals to address unmet medical needs in the United States. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Chimerix a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Chimerix has been 399,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chimerix has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.15 and a short float of 8.6% with 3.96 days to cover. Shares are up 5.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Chimerix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CMRX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 58.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CMRX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 10.67, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CHIMERIX INC's earnings per share declined by 38.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHIMERIX INC reported poor results of -$1.77 versus -$1.45 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 35.3% in earnings (-$2.40 versus -$1.77).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 114.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$10.38 million to -$22.27 million.
- You can view the full Chimerix Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.