- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.8 million.
- BBRY traded 922,574 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:39 AM, representing 13.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited provides wireless communications solutions worldwide. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate BlackBerry a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 8.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackBerry has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its declining revenues. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKBERRY LTD is rather high; currently it is at 62.58%. Regardless of BBRY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BBRY's net profit margin of 4.24% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 33.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 32.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.50, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.69 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.