Turquoise Hill Resources is an international mining company focused on mining operations of porphyry-style copper, gold, silver and molybdenum in Mongolia.
The firm expects Turquoise Hill's share price to benefit from increasing funds flow as the near-term milestones contribute to further de-risking.
Feasibility study, project funding, and ultimately underground construction approval at Oyu Tolgoi mine are making meaningful implications for the stock, BMO Capital added.
"In our view, progress made in underground development increases the probability of consolidation by Rio Tinto (RIO, Turquoise Hill's largest shareholder," BMO Capital analysts said.
Shares of Turquoise Hill Resources closed unchanged at $3.99.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TURQUOISE HILL RESOURCES LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TURQUOISE HILL RESOURCES LTD (TRQ) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TRQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 276.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TRQ's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.55, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TURQUOISE HILL RESOURCES LTD has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- TURQUOISE HILL RESOURCES LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TURQUOISE HILL RESOURCES LTD reported lower earnings of $0.10 versus $0.18 in the prior year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRQ Ratings Report