NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Agilent Technologies (A) are gaining 0.96% to $39.87 after the company introduced a new module that shortens injection cycles, lowers carryover and enlarges sample capacity.
Agilent Technologies is an electronics company that designs and manufactures measurement instruments and equipment for life sciences, medical diagnostics and chemistry applications.
The new sampler, 1290 Infinity II Vialsampler, is being shown for the first time in Geneva at an international symposium on high-performance liquid phase separations and related techniques, the company said.
"With this new offering, labs can more easily move from HPLC to UHPLC methods for higher resolution and faster separations," Agilent VP Dr. Stefan Schuette noted.
He added that the new module combines auto-sampler features with options to integrate both a column oven and a sample cooler, giving laboratories a cost-effective way to experience the advantages of ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC (A) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.98 versus $2.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.70 versus $0.98).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.74%. Regardless of A's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.61% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: A Ratings Report