- SSNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.9 million.
- SSNI has traded 72,047 shares today.
- SSNI is trading at 5.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SSNI is trading at a new high 6.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSNI NOW at Trade-Ideas
- In its most recent trading session, SSNI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- SILVER SPRING NETWORKS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SILVER SPRING NETWORKS INC reported poor results of -$1.85 versus -$1.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.05 versus -$1.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 225.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$27.81 million to $34.91 million.
- The gross profit margin for SILVER SPRING NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.01%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.30% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 86.04% to -$0.46 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SILVER SPRING NETWORKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.29%.
- You can view the full Silver Spring Networks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.