- SQM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- SQM has traded 79,722 shares today.
- SQM is trading at 2.97 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SQM is trading at a new high 3.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SQM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SQM NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.79, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.79, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SOC QUIMICA Y MINERA DE CHI is rather high; currently it is at 51.12%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.50% is above that of the industry average.
- SQM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 27.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Looking at the price performance of SQM's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 46.84%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, SOC QUIMICA Y MINERA DE CHI's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.