- BITA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.3 million.
- BITA has traded 188,352 shares today.
- BITA is trading at 3.82 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BITA is trading at a new low 4.03% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BITA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BITA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BITA: Bitauto Holdings Limited provides Internet content and marketing services for the automotive industry in the People's Republic of China. The company operates in four segments: bitauto.com Advertising Business, EP Platform Business, taoche.com Business, and Digital Marketing Solutions Business. BITA has a PE ratio of 119. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Bitauto Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bitauto Holdings has been 993,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bitauto has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 18.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bitauto Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BITA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 99.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BITA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.88, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BITA's share price has jumped by 38.42%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 68.06%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BITA's net profit margin of -0.68% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Bitauto Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.