- TFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.7 million.
- TFX has traded 752 shares today.
- TFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TFX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TFX: Teleflex Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies single-use medical devices for common diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in critical care and surgical applications worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. TFX has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Teleflex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Teleflex has been 322,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Teleflex has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 6.9% with 11.42 days to cover. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Teleflex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.46% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- TELEFLEX INC has improved earnings per share by 7.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TELEFLEX INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.09 versus $3.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.25 versus $4.09).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $41.23 million or 27.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.81%.
- The gross profit margin for TELEFLEX INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.93% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Teleflex Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.