- PTLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.0 million.
- PTLA has traded 4,701 shares today.
- PTLA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PTLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PTLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PTLA: Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapeutics for patients in the areas of thrombosis, other hematologic disorders, and inflammation. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Portola Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Portola Pharmaceuticals has been 361,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Portola has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 9.7% with 6.22 days to cover. Shares are up 57.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Portola Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PORTOLA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 26.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PORTOLA PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$3.19 versus -$1.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 38.5% in earnings (-$4.42 versus -$3.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$30.73 million to -$46.91 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, PORTOLA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$47.15 million or 256.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- PTLA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Portola Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.