- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $258.6 million.
- HCA has traded 7,352 shares today.
- HCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services in the United States. HCA has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $34.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.69 days to cover. Shares are up 14.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 78.94% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 49.79% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.18 versus $3.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.24 versus $4.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 70.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $347.00 million to $591.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 129.79% to $1,018.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HCA HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.49%.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.