- CAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.0 million.
- CAG has traded 17,436 shares today.
- CAG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAG: ConAgra Foods, Inc. operates as a food company primarily in North America. The company operates through three segments: Consumer Foods, Commercial Foods, and Private Brands. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ConAgra Foods a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for ConAgra Foods has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ConAgra has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ConAgra Foods as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CAG's share price has jumped by 28.38%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CONAGRA FOODS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONAGRA FOODS INC reported lower earnings of $0.54 versus $1.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.17 versus $0.54).
- The gross profit margin for CONAGRA FOODS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.02%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -24.61% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $322.80 million or 16.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full ConAgra Foods Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.