- HUM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $674.6 million.
- HUM traded 12,145 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:44 AM.
- HUM is up 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HUM: Humana Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a health and well-being company. The company operates through three segments: Retail, Group, and Healthcare Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. HUM has a PE ratio of 26. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Humana a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Humana has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Humana has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 2.7% with 1.25 days to cover. Shares are up 39.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Humana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HUM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.22, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 59.61% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HUM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 16.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $368.00 million to $430.00 million.
- HUMANA INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUMANA INC reported lower earnings of $7.33 versus $7.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.66 versus $7.33).
- You can view the full Humana Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.