- CI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $570.7 million.
- CI traded 26,090 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:46 AM.
- CI is up 8.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CI: Cigna Corporation, a health services organization, provides insurance and related products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. CI has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Cigna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cigna has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cigna has a market cap of $40.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 0.8% with 0.59 days to cover. Shares are up 51% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cigna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, CIGNA CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 72.67% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CIGNA CORP has improved earnings per share by 6.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CIGNA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $7.82 versus $5.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.54 versus $7.82).
- You can view the full Cigna Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.