- VASC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- VASC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VASC has a PE ratio of 49.
- VASC is mentioned 0.19 times per day on StockTwits.
- VASC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VASC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VASC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VASC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VASC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VASC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VASC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VASC: Vascular Solutions, Inc., a medical device company, provides various solutions to interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists, electro physiologists, and vein practices worldwide. VASC has a PE ratio of 49. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Vascular Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Vascular Solutions has been 106,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vascular has a market cap of $577.8 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 2.9% with 5.87 days to cover. Shares are up 23.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vascular Solutions as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- VASC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.40, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4.90 million or 23.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.83%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VASC's share price has jumped by 59.59%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- VASCULAR SOLUTIONS INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VASCULAR SOLUTIONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.72).
- You can view the full Vascular Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.