The firm raised its rating on Juniper to "outperform" from "neutral," saying organic growth should return in the near term.
Wedbush analysts also increased their 12-month price target to $32 from $24.
The firm added that it believes Juniper could outperform its peers.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Juniper Networks designs, develops, and sells products and services for high-performance networks to enable customers to build networks for their businesses.
The company sells its network products and service offerings across routing, switching and security.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JUNIPER NETWORKS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JUNIPER NETWORKS INC (JNPR) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 74.04% to $219.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JUNIPER NETWORKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -72.58%.
- The gross profit margin for JUNIPER NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.51% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that JNPR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.53 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- JUNIPER NETWORKS INC's earnings per share declined by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JUNIPER NETWORKS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.90 versus $0.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.68 versus -$0.90).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JNPR Ratings Report