- TSCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.4 million.
- TSCO has traded 6,245 shares today.
- TSCO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSCO: Tractor Supply Company operates rural lifestyle retail stores in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. TSCO has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Tractor Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tractor Supply has been 725,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tractor Supply has a market cap of $12.3 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 3.9% with 6.58 days to cover. Shares are up 15.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tractor Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSCO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TRACTOR SUPPLY CO has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRACTOR SUPPLY CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.66 versus $2.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.06 versus $2.66).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 18.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.81 million to $58.04 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 195.36% to $36.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRACTOR SUPPLY CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.32%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 36.73% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Tractor Supply Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.