- ORCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $543.4 million.
- ORCL is down 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORCL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ORCL: Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, application software, cloud infrastructure, hardware systems, and related services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. ORCL has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Oracle Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Oracle Corporation has been 11.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oracle has a market cap of $190.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.63 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oracle Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORCL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- ORACLE CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORACLE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.39 versus $2.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.86 versus $2.39).
- ORCL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.67 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.48 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that ORCL's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Oracle Corporation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.