- COTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.7 million.
- COTY has traded 481,659 shares today.
- COTY is trading at 4.59 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- COTY is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COTY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income increased by 129.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$253.30 million to $75.50 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, COTY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- COTY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COTY INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.26 versus $0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.98 versus -$0.26).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 131.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.52% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 7.13 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, COTY's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.37, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Coty Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.