- OSIR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.5 million.
- OSIR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- OSIR has a PE ratio of 379.
- OSIR is mentioned 1.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- OSIR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- OSIR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- OSIR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- OSIR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- OSIR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OSIR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OSIR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on OSIR: Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. researches, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes regenerative medicine products in the United States. OSIR has a PE ratio of 379. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Osiris Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Osiris Therapeutics has been 153,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Osiris has a market cap of $652.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 15.9% with 23.62 days to cover. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Osiris Therapeutics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OSIR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 108.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.01 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.41 versus -$0.01).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.05%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OSIR's net profit margin of 6.55% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Osiris Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.