- GIL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.6 million.
- GIL has traded 5,350 shares today.
- GIL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GIL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GIL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GIL: Gildan Activewear Inc. manufactures and sells apparel products in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. . It operates in two segments, Printwear and Branded Apparel. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. GIL has a PE ratio of 31. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Gildan Activewear a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gildan Activewear has been 357,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gildan Activewear has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 16% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gildan Activewear as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GIL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's earnings per share declined by 28.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.46 versus $1.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.53 versus $1.46).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.32, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.45 is sturdy.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Gildan Activewear Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.