- FTNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.2 million.
- FTNT has traded 54,420 shares today.
- FTNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FTNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FTNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FTNT: Fortinet, Inc. provides cyber security solutions for enterprises, service providers, and government organizations worldwide. FTNT has a PE ratio of 375. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Fortinet a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Fortinet has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fortinet has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 3% with 3.32 days to cover. Shares are up 34.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fortinet as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FTNT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, FTNT has a quick ratio of 1.86, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FTNT's share price has jumped by 72.41%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, FORTINET INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Fortinet Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.