- ROVI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.0 million.
- ROVI has traded 330,742 shares today.
- ROVI is up 3% today.
- ROVI was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROVI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROVI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROVI: Rovi Corporation provides integrated solutions for the discovery and personalization of digital entertainment to service providers and consumer electronics (CE) industry worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Rovi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rovi has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rovi has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.77 and a short float of 26.4% with 21.09 days to cover. Shares are down 27.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rovi as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ROVI CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $26.07 million or 58.41% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 27.16%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 1000.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.48, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ROVI CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROVI CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.14 versus $0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.72 versus -$0.14).
- You can view the full Rovi Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.