How To YieldBoost AZZ From 1.2% To 10.7% Using Options

Shareholders of AZZ Inc ( AZZ) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.2% annualized dividend yield can sell the November covered call at the $55 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.10 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 10.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $55 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but AZZ shares would have to advance 7.3% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 11.4% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost Calls of the S&P 500 »

In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of AZZ Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for AZZ below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.2% annualized dividend yield.

If you liked this article you might like

Here's How Amazon's Rise Is Like a Giant Squid Sucking the Life Out of Its Prey

Toshiba Stock Jumps on Chip Arm Spinoff Speculation

5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now

AZZ Stock Tumbles as Q2 Results Miss Expectations

5 Stocks Everyone Hates -- but You Should Love