YieldBoost Arctic Cat To 20.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Arctic Cat Inc ( ACAT) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.70 bid, which annualizes to an additional 19.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 20.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but ACAT shares would have to climb 3.1% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 8.1% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost Calls of the S&P 500 »

In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Arctic Cat Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for ACAT below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.5% annualized dividend yield.

If you liked this article you might like

Ford, General Motors and Comcast: Jim Cramer's Views

Cramer: Big Run Isn't Over for These Stocks

Cramer: Big Run Isn't Over for These Stocks

Here's How to Trade Bank of America, Freeport-McMoRan, Seagate Right Now

Textron Plunges More Than 10% Amid Trio of Concerns