- WCG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.9 million.
- WCG has traded 121,042 shares today.
- WCG is trading at 3.92 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WCG is trading at a new high 3.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WCG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WCG NOW at Trade-Ideas
- WCG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WCG has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 60.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $44.10 million to $17.50 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full WellCare Health Plans Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.