- OCLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.8 million.
- OCLS has traded 407,460 shares today.
- OCLS is trading at 3.18 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OCLS is trading at a new high 13.21% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OCLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OCLS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OCLS:
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. OCLS has a PE ratio of 5.The average volume for Oculus Innovative has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oculus Innovative has a market cap of $24.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.89 and a short float of 1.8% with 0.05 days to cover. Shares are up 5.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oculus Innovative as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OCLS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES is rather high; currently it is at 54.29%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OCLS's net profit margin of -183.77% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$1.06 million or 11.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.98%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 867.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.61 million to -$5.91 million.
- You can view the full Oculus Innovative Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.