- NBG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.1 million.
- NBG has traded 16.1 million shares today.
- NBG is trading at 10.69 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NBG is trading at a new low 8.26% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NBG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NBG NOW at Trade-Ideas
- NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE reported lower earnings of $0.15 versus $1.98 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 168.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $249.36 million to -$170.78 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.20%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -11.29% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$385.60 million or 192.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full National Bank of Greece Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.