- URI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $170.8 million.
- URI has traded 537,419 shares today.
- URI is trading at 2.67 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- URI is trading at a new low 4.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URI: United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an equipment rental company. It operates in two segments, General Rentals; and Trench Safety, Power and HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning), and Pump Solutions. URI has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate United Rentals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for United Rentals has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Rentals has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 10.2% with 5.02 days to cover. Shares are down 10.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United Rentals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- URI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- UNITED RENTALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED RENTALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.18 versus $3.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.37 versus $5.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income increased by 91.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $60.00 million to $115.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, UNITED RENTALS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $675.00 million or 32.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.53%.
- You can view the full United Rentals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.